The fast, cheap, and secure way to open a German Blocked Account for your visa application.
The Blocked Account (Sperrkonto) is a special type of bank account required by German law for many internationals when moving to Germany for studies, language courses, preparatory courses (Studienkolleg), job search, and more. It is a visa requirement that allows you to prove sufficient financial resources for your stay in Germany.
With our Partner Expatrio, you can easily open your Blocked Account online in just a few minutes!
10 steps to open a German Blocked Account
Our Partner Expatrio offers you Germany’s best Blocked Account, and setting up your Blocked Account is pretty easy. See how it works:
1. Check the visa requirements from the German Embassy responsible for your visa application
2. Apply for your Blocked Account once you have received the (conditional) confirmation of your studies in Germany
3. Get your Blocked Account in your own name as this is required by the residence act
4. Transfer the required funds (Total Blocked Amount) to your Blocked Account, compare exchange rates and transaction fees
4. Plan in advance and remember that international transactions might take 3-5 business days
5. Automatically receive the official “Blocked Amount Confirmation” document to present at the German Embassy
6. Get your German visa (also check Health Insurance requirements)
7. Once in Germany, activate your Blocked Account and update your arrival date
8. Receive your payouts to your Current Account
9. Activate your Health Insurance as well
10. You’re all set – enjoy Germany!