The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience within these specialised fields.
This program is designed for students and recent graduates, who want to further develop their skills and knowledge in professional working.
* If you hold an Australian Visa with full work rights or are applying for an Australian Visa with full work rights, we offer flexibility in regards to eligibility criteria. Please contact us to confirm whether you meet the program criteria.
* Certain fields may require extra lead time and/or additional requirements such as portfolios.
* Positions in the Health Industry for doctors, nurses, dentists etc are not available due to government restrictions.
Part Time Internship
If you are not able to intern on full time basis but still would like to boost your career and give yourself a competitive advantage, this in an option for you. Part time professional internships are now available. You can study and intern at the same time!
Aimed at candidates already in Australia on a Student Visa. If you do hold another visa and wish to be completing a part time program, please contact us for further information.
This program is available in the following fields: Business Admin, Events, HR, Accounting and Marketing.
Candidates can work 20h per week (for 12 weeks minimum) on set days and/ or during set hours. Exact details will be determined at a time of placement negotiations.
Start Date and Lead Time
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (allow for 3-4 month lead time)
– 4 months lead time for 408 Temporary Activity Visa candidates
– 3 months lead time for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)
This can be flexible if you are applying for an existing vacancy.
- Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and submit initial documentation to find out whether you are eligible for the program.
- Application & Processing:
Eligible candidates will be requested to complete and return the application form along with the supporting documents and application fee. You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
- Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
- Visa & Travel Arrangements
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Home Affairs regarding visa processing for you. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
- Program Participation
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia. Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
*Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!