Click here to download program brochure
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience within these specialised fields.
This program is designed for students and recent graduates, who want to further develop their skills and knowledge in professional working.
• Tailored training related to your skills and academic background
• 12 – 24 weeks, full-time, non paid training positions
• Access to over 7,000 companies Australia wide
• Start every Monday (pending lead time)
• 408 Temporary Visa Sponsorship – pending eligibility
• Flexibility with location is required
• Academic credit available if required
• Fields: STEM fields
WHY COMPLETE AN INTERNSHIP THROUGH AUSTRALIAN INTERNSHIPS?
Internationalize your resume
Gain valuable experience in your academic field
Obtain credit for your existing studies
Develop workplace English skills
Form alliances with international companies
Gain recognition within your profession
Improve your career options
Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic and labour procedures
– Aged 18-30
– The internship field requested is directly related to your educational background
– Currently enrolled in a tertiary course (bachelor degree or above), or
– A recent graduate within 12 months (at the time of visa submission) of course completion (bachelor degree or above)
– Upper intermediate – advanced English language skills (equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
START DATES AND LEAD TIME
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (allow for 3-4 month lead time)
– 4 months lead time for 408 Temporary Activity Visa candidates
– 3 months lead time for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)
- Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and submit initial documentation to find out whether you are eligible for the program.
- Application & Processing:
Eligible candidates will be requested to complete and return the application form along with the supporting documents and application fee. You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
- Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
- Visa & Travel Arrangements
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Home Affairs regarding visa processing for you. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
- Program Participation
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia. Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
*Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!